About This File
Strathaven Airfield is the third oldest operational airfield on the west of Scotland mainland - the other two being Prestwick and Glasgow Airports. It has a number of grass runways and has also been featured on Channel 4's Grand Designs due to a cool looking house that was built by the manager of the airfield. Sadly, the Flight Simulator edition does not include this building but if anyone is able to get it imported into the sim please do let me know as I would love to include it.
Important Note: The satellite imagery that Microsoft Flight Simulator is using for this airfield seems to be quite old. Which is why you will see outlines of the older runway setup when flying over the field. I have created this based of the information provided by the airfield’s website rather than what MSFS is showing. Runway 27/09 is the wider runway and can used by most GA aircraft. The other runways are mainly used for microlights.
Use the ICAO code EGTY to locate the airport on the Microsoft Flight Simulator map.
(Note: This ICAO code was given by the sim, it is not correct as this airfield has no ICAO code in the real world)
Unzip the folder "thegarner-airport-egty-strathavenairfield.zip" and copy the folder: "thegarner-airport-egty-strathavenairfield" into your Microsoft Flight Simulator installation directory under the "Community" folder.
- All runways have been added - I have added number markings to the main runway (Runway 27/09).
- Multiple parking Stands
- Couple of static aircraft
- Fences surrounding the airfield
- Picnic tables for your packed lunch
- Car Park
- Couple of lights to lit certain areas in darkness
What's New in Version 1.1.0
v1.1 (Released 2nd Sept 2020)
- Applied fix to the windsock. If you have the airfield already installed and do not care for these changes then you can ignore this update.